A Fruit A Month is an event that was started by Maheshwari and I am glad to be hosting it for the month of November, 2008.
The fruit chosen for the month is Cherry.
A cherry is a tiny fruit that contains a single seed similar to a plum, peach and the like. Apart from being used in culinary, they also serve medicinal purposes. They are an easily perishable fruit and need to be handled with care. A meal to a dessert can be prepared from these fruits.
So whether they are sweet or sour, black or red, prepare a culinary wonder using them for this event and blog about it.
Rules for the event
1. Prepare a recipe using cherry as the dominating ingredient and post about it on your blog.
2. Non-veg/Veg recipes are allowed.
3.While doing the post, make sure to link back to Maheshwari's blog and this event announcement. Use of the logo is optional.
4.Mail the following details to tangerineskitchen(at)gmail(dot)com with the subject line reading AFAM:Cherry
Your blog name
Name of the entry
URL of your
A photo that is 300 pixels wide
4. Not owning a blog isn't an excuse for you not sending in entries. You can always mail me the above-said details and they will be included in the roundup as well!
5. Older posts with cherry can be included if it is republished as a new post.
6. The last date for sending in entries is December 2, 2008.
So start thinking cherries as well and awaiting a flood of entries and thank you Maheshwari for letting me host the event.
Update: preserved,dried,sugared cherries are permitted.